Who We Are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The types of personal data that we collect include:
- Your first name, last name, email address, phone number and home address;
- Credit card details (types of card, credit card number, name on card, expiration date and security code);
- Guest stay data, including date of arrival and departure, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room preferences, facilities, or any other services used);
- Data you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests, or promotional offers;
You may always choose what personal data (if any) you want to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide certain details, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
Data We Collect Automatically
Reservations: We use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservations.
Guest Reviews: We may use your contact date to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travelers to pick the accommodations that suits them best. If you submit a guest review, your review may be published on our website.
Marketing Activities: We also may use your date for marketing activities , as permitted by law. Where we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes (e.g. commercial newsletters and marking communications on new products and services or other offers we think may be of interest to you), we include an unsubscribe link that that you can use if you do not not want us to send messages in the future.
Other Communications: There may be other times when we contact you by email, mail, phone or texting, depending on the contact data you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you’ve made.
- If you haven’t finalized a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without handing to search for an accommodation again or filling in all the reservation details for scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you provide a review about your experience with our website. We believe this additional service is useful thus and as we will be able to improve our website based on your feedback.
Analytics, Improvements and Research: We use personal data to conduct research and analysis . We may involve a third party to do this on our behalf. We may share or disclose the results of such research (including to third -parties) in anonymous, aggregated form. We use your personal data for analytical purposes to improve our services, enhance the user experience and improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
Security, Fraud Detection and Prevention: We use the information, which may include personal data, in order to precent fraud and other illegal infringing activities. We also use this information to investigate and detect fraud. We can use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including the authentication of users. For these purposes, personal data may be shared with third parties, such as law enforcement authorities as permitted by applicable law and external advisers.
Legal and Compliance: In certain cases, we need to use the information provided, which may include personal data, to handle and resolve legal disputes or complaints, for regulatory investigations and compliance, or to enforce agreement(s), or to comply with lawful requests for law enforcement insofar as it is required by law.
If we use automated means to process personal data which provides legal effects or significantly affects you, we will implement suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms, including the right to obtain human intervention.
- In view of purposes A and B, we rely on the performance of a contract: The use of your data may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we will use your data to carry out our obligation to complete and administer that reservation under the contract that we have with you.
- In view of purposes C-H, we rely on its legitimate interests, such as providing you with the best appropriate content for the website, emails, and newsletters to improve our services and the content on our website, as well as for administrative, fraud detection, and legal purposes. When using personal data to serve our legitimate interests, we will always balance your rights and interests in the protection of your information against our rights and interests.
- In respect of purpose H, we also rely, where application on our obligation to comply with applicable law.
Where needed under applicable law, we will obtain your consent prior to processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you want to object to the processing set our under C-F and there’s no opt-out mechanism available to you directly (e.g. in your account settings), to the extent applicable, please contact email@example.com .
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who We Share Your Data With
How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where We Send Your Data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your Choices and Rights
We want you to be in control of how your personal data is used by us. You can do this by the following ways:
- You can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- You can inform us of any changes to your personal data, or you can ask us to correct any of the personal data we hold about you;
- In certain situations, you can ask us to erase, blow or restrict the processing of the personal data we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using personal data;
- In certain situations, you can also ask us to send the personal data you’ve given us to a third party.
- Where we are using your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law. Moreover, where we process your personal data based on legitimate interest or the public interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your personal data, subject to applicable law.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, accurate and current. Be sure to inform us as soon as possible regarding any changes to or inaccuracies in your personal data by contact firstname.lastname@example.org . We will handle your request in accordance with the applicable law.